With it’s rolling moors, tranquil atmosphere and quaint little countryside villages; it’s widely known that the Peak District is a very romantic part of the world-so why not plan your wedding day here?
Here’s a little list of local venues, vendors & shops to get your ideas started:
- Nora Eve Bridal – This lovely bridal boutique is based in Derbyshire’s market town of Chesterfield and is full to the brim with gorgeous gowns. There’s a some great designer names to choose from, as well as bridesmaids dresses!
- Gracie Bleu Bridal– These shops in Matlock & Buxton are the both firstly set to picturesque settings, they also have gowns that are guaranteed to make you feel like a goddess on your wedding day! There are some great designers to choose from, including Ronald Joyce (pictured below).
Other Bits & Bobs
- River Bank Floristry– This was voted the best florist in Derbyshire and it’s no wonder when you see the beautiful bouquets that are made here. They would be ideal for making your wedding feel extra special.
- Derbyshire Wedding Cake … made from local (and delicious) cheese!
- Callow Hall– This elegant countryside house offers some great wedding day options within their gorgeous house and grounds. You can hire the entire housefor you and all your guests, which gives the evening a ‘house party’ feel. For the ceremony there is a secret garden or wonderful marquee option also.
- Shottle Hall– is one of the most beautiful venues in Derbyshire.Shottle Hall offers a Coach House Marquee, which can accommodate approximately 200 guests for the wedding breakfast and 250 for an evening celebration- this really is one for the scrapbook!
- Losehil Hotel and Spa– Losehill is known as one of the secrets of the Peak District, and is located in the beautiful rural countryside. This venue has many different packages which range from mid-week marquees to weekends in the Orangery or Moorgate Suite. With the spa as part of the hotel your guest are sure to look forward to your day as much as you do.
- East Lodge– This rural country house hotel is a great place to have your wedding; you can have exclusive access to the entire house (which has 12 bedrooms) which could have seated reception for 70 or the marquee for 130 guests! East Lodge really is a perfect mix of countryside living and luxury.
- Breadsall– This venue is the oldest Marriott hotel in the world, and is a stately residence that dates back to 1260. The historic building has been modernised internally to give you all of the luxury that you’d want on your big day. There are 9 event rooms, with a maximum capacity of 140 guests. There’s also a wonderful spa which offers treatments and a sauna.
- Sudbury Hall – The Saloon is a beautiful room, with panelled wooden walls which include 17th-century woodcarvings and intricate gilt-work; it’s now licensed for civil wedding ceremonies of 40 seated and a further 60 standing.
There’s also the stunning Long Gallery which is licensed for wedding ceremonies for up to 20 people. These are two very beautiful and intimate venues for a wedding ceremony, but there would have to be a different place for the reception.
For more wedding events, fairs and ideas go to our Peak District & Derbyshire Wedding Web Page.