The spirits and spectres are preparing for their big night out… are you doing the same?
The most ghoulish night of the year, All Hallow’s Eve, is on it’s way and we’ve some great events to get those hairs on the back of your neck standing on end…
- Peak Cavern Ghost Tours Enjoy the spooky setting of the so-called ‘Devil’s Arse’ cavern, along with live Music from 7.15pm, a delicious hog Roast (by Heatherhill Farm Meats) and drinks from the bar followed by a spectacular fireworks display from within the gorge. A good mixture of creepy and fun? We think so!
- Scarefest at Alton Towers Enjoy an extra scary atmosphere around the rides and shows of Alton Towers this Hallowe’en as the park will be filled with ‘weird and wonderful costume characters’. This great event and let’s you scare yourself senseless AND ride your favourite rides in the dark!
- Creepy Castle at Night- Bolsover Castle This event is bound to give you a fright as the “residents past and present invite you into a terrifying world of tricks and treats at Bolsover Castle”. You are encouraged to bring your own torches to help you explore the site at night.
- Ghost Walks with Richard Felix at Breadsall Priory Hotel This is your chance to join Richard Felix (that one from Most Haunted off the telly) for a spooky stroll around the Hotel, Gardens and Pet Cemetery. Hear some fascinating ghostly tales of Breadsall Priory history.
- Spooky School at Matlock Farm Park Here’s one for the kiddies! This all-in family Hallowe’en performance is from 11am-1pm, within which the audience help to capture a bad witch, go on a magic wand hunt and help to save the woods from an everlasting curse.
- Derby Quad’s All Night Movie Marathon
An all-night event of cult classic scary movies… would you be able to last until 7am and claim your bacon butty reward?!Here are the films on the line up:The Thing (18)We Are Still Here (18)Candyman (18)Zombieland (15)Beasts – “During Barty’s Party”Student Bodies (15)
Family self-guided train through the woods at Ilam Park. Let the little ones enjoy a hunt for hidden clues and they even get a spooky biscuit at the end!
There’s so much going on at this fab Halloween event: help solve the Horrible History Mystery, take part in the special Halloween quiz, story telling, face painting and mask making!
If you wanted to see what other things are happening this Hallowe’en in the Peak District & Derbyshire, CLICK HERE for a full list