Buxton’s Old Hall Hotel has been named the Best Wedding Venue in a Town or City in the East Midlands at this year’s Wedding Industry Awards.
The hotel, reputed to be the oldest in England and once home to Mary Queen of Scots, raced ahead of the competition in a glittering ceremony held at Bassmead Manor Barns, Cambridgeshire, on 18th November, 2014.
The award recognised how the hotel had excelled itself in providing a unique and bespoke wedding service to brides and grooms, offering exceptional customer service, food and surroundings.
“Historic, elegant and set in beautiful surroundings, the Old Hall Hotel in Buxton is the perfect venue for your wedding. Whether you are looking for a civil ceremony, all day reception or an evening celebration, the Old Hall Hotel offers a range of function rooms, menus and packages to suit any budget for any wedding. Our wedding events team can help you with everything to make your day perfect and exactly what you wish for. Our position is very popular and photographers make great use of the beautiful Pavilion Gardens, just opposite, on a sunny day.”
Vicky Eyre and Jane Egan, Wedding Co-ordinators at The Old Hall Hotel, comment: “We are so completely overwhelmed and excited for the future and proud to be part of such an amazing venue.
“We work so hard to make our weddings special for our brides and grooms, and it’s a privilege to have our hard work recognised. We’re extremely excited about letting the rest of the UK know we are now officially the best wedding venue in the East Midlands.”
As winners of the regional award, The Old Hall Hotel now has an opportunity to win a national award at The Wedding Industry Awards at Café de Paris, London on 15th January. The national event will see all the winners from the regional events across the UK compete for the national title.
Sally Potter, General Manager at The Old Hall, concluded: “I am very proud of the team and this lovely venue we all work in. What a great achievement to have for all our customers.
“I’m overwhelmed that a small hotel in Buxton has beaten all the competition in the East Midlands to win this award and I’m really looking forward to the nationals.”
To find out more about the award-winning Old Hall Hotel and its wedding packages, visit www.oldhallhotelbuxton.co.uk or call 01298 22841.
For further details, photos and interviews, please contact Alison Parsons at Fig Creative on 01457 857111 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Notes to editor:
- The Old Hall Hotel is located in the heart of the beautiful Peak District in the elegant spa town of Buxton
- Steeped in history and built on the site of a natural warm spring, the Old Hall offers traditional charm, reflected throughout its 38 bedrooms which are all unique in design
- Four bedroom room types and rates are offered – standard, classic, executive and four poster
- Guests can choose to stay in the grand Queen Mary’s Bower, thought to be the room where Mary Queen of Scots resided at house arrest during Queen Elizabeth’s reign
- The restaurant at The Old Hall overlooks the pretty Pavilion Gardens and offers contemporary a la carte cuisine using the finest locally sourced ingredients. The Old Hall’s wine cellar offers an extensive choice of options to suit the tastes of connoisseurs
- The Old Hall also offers luxury afternoon tea every day in the elegant wine bar and morning coffee by Fairtrade supplier Matthew Algie
- The Old Hall is a superb location for weddings, business meetings or any special event
- Special packages are available for keen walkers allowing guests to fully experience the beauty of the Peak District and theatre breaks are available in conjunction with Buxton Opera House, home to the Gilbert & Sullivan Festival and many touring ballet and opera companies