Celebrity chef Aldo Zilli will tempt Bolsover’s taste buds next month, when he will present live cooking demos in the town.
The renowned restaurateur, who has presented on many TV shows, will be star of the line up on the opening day of Bolsover Food and Drink Festival.
The town, home to Bolsover Castle, will be filled with market stalls and marquees brimming with tasty fare from all over the region, with only a few stalls still available for interested stall holders.
“I’m excited about the festival and looking forward to visiting Bolsover, meeting the people, and trying out the local produce,” said Aldo, who specialises in Italian, seafood and vegetarian cuisine.
“I hope visitors will enjoy the tips and recipes as much as I’ll enjoy preparing them,” he said.
Also on the menu at the event, to be held on 26 and 27 July, will be:
· World renowned beer guru and editor of the Good Beer Guide Roger Protz , who will host a series of master classes, providing tasting notes on some of the region’s best ales
· A new Bolsover beer, currently being created by local brewery Raw, which will be revealed at the event
· Children’s cookery workshops from KidzKitchen
· Stalls featuring a range of award winning food and drink produce for visitors to taste and buy
· Music and entertainment.
The festival will coincide with Bolsover Castle’s “Muskets and Masques: Charles I at Bolsover” event, when the town will be buzzing with historical activities. This event celebrates a masque written by the famous playwright Ben Jonson for the royal visit of King Charles I in 1634. Bolsover Castle is run by English Heritage.
Entry to Bolsover Food and Drink Festival is free.
To exhibit at the event, email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a registration form.
For more information and updates on exhibitors at Bolsover Food and Drink Festival, visit *www.discoverbolsover.co.uk, email email@example.com, follow us on Twitter @alloverbolsover or like our Discover Bolsover facebook page.
ALDO ZILLI BIOGRAPHY
Aldo Zilli is an award-winning celebrity chef and restaurateur who specialises in Italian, vegetarian and seafood cuisine.
He is regularly on TV and has appeared both as a chef and presenter.
One of nine children, he was born in the small seaside town of Alba Adriatica in the central Italian region of Abruzzo and first learnt Italian home cooking from his mother in Italy and catering college.
He was the founder and chef-patron of some of London’s most exciting and innovative restaurants, Signor Zilli, Zilli Fish, Zilli Green, Zilli Café and Zilli Bar. His Italian seafood restaurant, Zilli Fish, was a Soho institution and had been open for over 15 years until March 2012 when Aldo decided to hang up the chef’s whites and embark on other ventures.
In 2012 Aldo helped launch upmarket Italian restaurant San Carlo Chicchetti in Manchester and London’s Piccadilly. He is now in partnership with San Carlo Group, with 14 restaurants in the UK and four abroad.
Aldo has written 10 books including two autobiographies, Being Zilli and My Italian Country Childhood, as well as various cook books with his signature Italian recipes. His latest book, ‘Fresh & Green: over 100 new exciting vegetarian recipes’was featured in the Telegraph’s Top Ten Cookery Books 2012.
Aldo currently writes a weekly column of tips and recipes for the Daily Express newspaper’s Saturday magazine and is a Patron for the charity Bowel Cancer UK.
Aldo has worked with various brands, including Thomson Airways and Philadelphia. He also enjoyed a hugely successful relationship with Kellogg’s Optivita, appearing in several TV adverts and PR campaigns. His consultancy work includes that with Italian restaurant chain, Prezzo, where his VIPizza has proved extremely successful and led him to collaborate withM Kitchen at Morrisons supermarket nationwide where he now has eight products in their range, including DIVO cheese.
PLACES TO STAY NEAR BOLSOVER
· Hotel Van Dyk, a luxury 4 star in the North East Derbyshire countryside. Its 1 Rosette restaurant offers an elegant dining experience. Visit www.vandykhotel.co.uk, phone 01246 810 219.
· Stone Croft Bed and Breakfast. The welcoming grade II listed building in the picturesque nearby village of Barlborough offers a 4 star breakfast and comfortable, stylish bedrooms. Visit www.stone-croft.co.uk, phone 01246 810974
· If a city stay is more your scene, try the 4 star independent CASA hotel in nearby historic market town of Chesterfield, home of the crooked spire. Visit www.casahotels.co.uk, phone 01246 245999.
EUROPEAN REGIONAL DEVELOPMENT FUND PROGRAMME
*The Discover Bolsover project is part financed by the European Regional Development Fund Programme 2007 to 2013. The Department for Communities and Local Government is the managing authority for the European Regional Development Fund Programme, which is one of the funds established by the European Commission to help local areas stimulate their economic development by investing in projects which will support local businesses and create jobs. For more information visit www.gov.uk/browse/business/funding-debt/european-regional-development-funding