For one week, from Saturday 17th May to Friday 23rd May, Crich Tramway Village will celebrate the return to passenger carrying service of “Sheffield’s Last Tram” 510. We will be remembering the important part that Sheffield played in the history of tramways. With the emphasis on the 1940’s and 1950’s we will also be paying tribute to Sheffield’s working culture and industrial way of life in the age of the tram. Come and join us and share your memories, or those of your family, and bring them to life.
- Unlimited free electric tram rides, including Sheffield 510 (“Sheffield’s Last Tram”)
- Horse Tram – Sheffield 15 – in service Saturday, Sunday, Wednesday
- Sheffield fixed price menu in Poulson Room of Red Lion
(Meat & Potato Pie and Mushy Peas – with “Hendos” and Mint Sauce; Bakewell Pudding with Custard; Tea, Coffee or Juice.)
- Sheffield Area real ales and bottled beers in Red Lion
- Sheffield goods on special price sale in Scothern & Williamson Gift Shop
- Sheffield heritage sweets on sale in Barnett’s Sweet Shop
- Sheffield Industrial Heritage Displays in Exhibition Hall
- Visiting Sheffield heritage vehicles Saturday and Sunday
- Interactive Sheffield Memories, with film, personal recollections and artefacts in the Learning Centre.
- Sheffield Trail around Museum – Trams are not our only Sheffield exhibits.
- Other planned, Sheffield themed, attractions
Crich Tramway Village is open daily until 2nd November 2014. It is situated near Matlock, Derbyshire, eight miles from M1 junction 28. Admission prices*: Adult £13.00. Senior £10.50. Child (4-15) £.8.00. Family (2 adults, 3 children) £35.00 Information line 01773 854321 www.tramway.co.uk.
For more information please contact;
Marketing & Business Development Executive
Crich Tramway Village, Crich, Matlock, Derbyshire, DE4 5DP
Tel: 01773 854392