It certainly is!
We are delighted to let you all know that on Monday morning the Prime Minister announced a major package of funding for cycling across England, which includes some very significant good news for the Peak District National Park. £148M spending on cycling infrastructure is being announced, of which £25M will be in National Parks. The Peak District accounts for £7.5 million of this (£5M from DfT and £2.5M match-funding), which is the full amount we bid for.
In the Peak District we expect the funding will:
• Complete the link between the Tissington/High Peak Trail and Buxton
• Complete the link between Matlock and Bakewell
• Create a new cycle link between Hathersage and Castleton
• Create a new ‘y’shaped cycle link between Stoke-on-Trent and the Peak District
• Link Sheffield and Barnsley to the Trans-Pennine Trail
• Provide a special fund for the National Park to support towns and…
View original post 4 more words